Thursday 15 March 2018

Art at The Orchard interview with artist Sally Anne Goodale

We're delighted that artist Sally Anne Goodale has agreed to do a little interview for the blog, she's exhibiting a selection of her original paintings here at The Orchard during March along with another local artist Moira Johnson.


Sally Anne please tell us about your work? What are you currently working on?

I started mainly with watercolour- sometimes using pen and ink. Then a few years later mainly Acrylics - though when away on days out sketching and painting back to my old favourite watercolours.
Currently working a series of 4 Abstracts - 2 of which are commissions and another of Dog. Also a bespoke Card. 


How did you decide to become an artist?

I’ve always loved sketching and being doing pencil drawings, so When a fiend suggested I joined her one afternoon to a class with Ian King a well known local artist who also had a programme on how to paint on T.V.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and went from there. As I do less hours I have found more time to peruse my painting.

What's the best advise you've been given as an artist?

Look at a subject whether photo or a scene in front of you - it doesn’t matter how you interpret it as everyone sees things differently - don’t try to copy another persons style just be yourself. (Look at Picasso & Van Gogh).  Experimenting is a lot of fun - some can appear to be a disaster and turn out as you best pictures.
As a beginner I would advice them to join a club - all artists are always willing to share there knowledge and experience and helpful it doesn’t matter how good you are.


What do you do when you are not creating?

I help run a Friut farm so it’s hands on at harvest time and through the year we pack Apples.  My family is quite large and are very important to me so I like spent time with all.
On holiday I have a A5 size book which I draw or paint in to record the day whether its doing illustrations of hotel signature Cocktail & written recipe or people chilling..........it’s my holiday diary then I send hand painted postcards to family and friends. 

What are your life and work goals for the future?

 I love learning new techniques and going to Workshops or Demonstrations of other artists - you pick up lots of tips and see other ways of tackling a subject. 
I hope that every painting I do whether a commissioned one or from gallery that the person will put on the wall and love it as much as I did creating it - as my husband (no.1 Fan)wants too keep them all!! 

Sally Anne you're currently exhibiting some of your original artwork here at The Orchard where else can we find your work?

Many thanks to Sally Anne Goodale for agreeing to be interviewed for The Orchard Tea Room and Farm Shop Blog. You can view Sally Anne's art daily 10am -4pm during March 2018 at:

The Orchard Tea Room and Farm Shop
Redmoor Lane
Wisbech
Cambs
PE14 0RN

Telephone: 07527 046184
Website: theorchardtearoom.co.uk Twitter: @OrchardTeaRoom Facebook: The Orchard Tea Room

No comments:

Post a Comment