Sunday 17 November 2019

Interview with the Artist ~ Sue Bates

Sue Bates is our Art in The Orchard artist for the month of November, we're delighted that she has agreed to do a little interview for the blog:



What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on a Christmas card but with so many events we attend this time of year my work is taking ages.

How did you decide to become an artist?

I always wanted to draw and paint and as my dream to attend art college didn't happen I promised myself that I would attend classes, funds permitting, when I retired.

What's the best advise you've been given as an artist? 

The best advice ever received was to spend 90% of time looking at the image one is trying to copy and 10% drawing/painting.

What do you do when you are not creating?

I am a keen gardener and grow chillis, peppers, melons, cucumbers,tomatoes and more in our tiny greenhouse.  We also spend time making a nice show of the miniature front garden which was actually entered (not by us)into the Downham in Bloom competition this summer!
I also have to visit the shops where our cards are sold to top up stock and collect any money.

What are your life and work goals for the future? 

At 73 I have not much on my bucket list except to improve my painting.

Sue you're currently exhibiting some of your artwork here at The Orchard where else can we find your work?

My paintings can be seen on eBay and suebatesartist.com and as cards in Knicat bakery, (Downham Market) Sarah's flowers (Wisbech) and various craft fayres.  Prints and personalisation of cards can be ordered.

Web site:    suebatesartist.com

Facebook page is:    Sue Bates




Many thanks to Sue Bates for agreeing to be interviewed for The Orchard Tea Room and Farm Shop Blog you can view Sue's art daily 10am-4pm at:



The Orchard Tea Room and Farm Shop
Redmoor Lane
Wisbech
Cambs
PE14 0RN

Telephone: 07527 046184
Website: theorchardtearoom.co.uk Twitter: @OrchardTeaRoom Facebook: The Orchard Tea Room

No comments:

Post a Comment